Friday, February 17, 2012

Daesung Playlist


Here comes Daesung’s playlist ! 



The songs are very nice, some of them a little sad, but all have a lot of feeling in them, also very good vocals. I’ve heard most of them for the first time, so thanks Daesung for introducing me some new music. 

It is a little difficult to gather information about these artists, since most of it is in Korean, but I will tell what I found . If you know more, please share.  In any case you can just past the singers’ name in youtube and listen to more of their songs.

Daesung playlist can make you listen to some  Korean artists that are not so widely known outside of Korean and to discover some really nice songs – so take this chance to learn even more about the Korean music ^.^ 




1. Basis - 세상의 모든 이별   




2. Kim Hyo Rim - Goodbye for me 



Here are the Korean lyrics of the song. http://www.lyricsmoon.com/song_1001_2577.html

3. Cho Young Pil - The Dreams 



Cho Young Pil is a Korean singer , born in 1950. He is considered to be one of  most influential figures in Korean pop music . He has produced many song that remained emblematic in  Korean music including "Return to Busan Port," "Dear Friend," and "The Lady Outside the Window." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cho_Yong-pil

See him also live with another song 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsIbYLXUfDk

4. 5tion - More Than Words 



5tion is a Korean male group As much as I learnt they have disbanded or changed members ... Anyways , people in soompi forum say that their first 2 albums are very good . .You can visit here and read more http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/33138-5tion/

Some lyrics and songs from the same band - http://www.tunewiki.com/lyric/5tion-1967.aspx


5. Yoo Jae Ha - You In My Arms



Another very influential Korean singer . Sadly he has only one album - Because I Love [사랑하기 때문에] (1987) . After that he tragically dies in a car accident at the age of 25. 
Even he had a short life , he left a lasting impression. In the blog ( the link below )  it says that “Only two years after his death, his family and colleagues established a foundation that held a yearly pop music competition that awarded scholarship to singer-songwriters. Yoo Jae-Ha Music Festival still goes on today; its past winners include influential K-pop artists like Yoo Hee-Yeol [유희열] and Cho Gyu-Chan [조규찬].”

Read more about him here –
http://askakorean.blogspot.com/2011/01/50-most-influential-k-pop-artists-38.html


Translation of his song .  ( I suggest you to read it ! ) 

그대 내 품에
You in My Arms

별 헤는 밤이면 들려오는 그대의 음성 
Your voice heard in star-counting nights
하얗게 부서지는 꽃가루 되어 그대 꽃위에 앉고 싶어라 
To be a crackling white pollen, sitting on your flower
밤하늘 보면서 느껴보는 그대의 숨결 
Your breath I try feeling, watching the night sky
두둥실 떠가는 쪽배를 타고 그대 호수에 머물고 싶어라 
To ride a fleeting boat, staying in your lake
만일 그대 내곁을 떠난다면 
Should you ever leave my side
끝까지 따르리 저 끝까지 따르리 
I will follow to the end, to the end of ends
내 사랑 그대 내 품에 안겨 눈을 감아요 
My love you stay in my arms and close your eyes
그대 내 품에 안겨 사랑의 꿈 나눠요 
You stay in my arms and share the dream of love

술잔에 비치는 어여쁜 그대의 미소 
Your beautiful smile reflected on the glass
사르르 달콤한 와인이 되어 그대 입술에 닿고 싶어라 
To be a smooth sweet wine, touching your lips
내 취한 두눈엔 너무 많은 그대의 모습 
Your face, too many for my drunk eyes
살며시 피어나는 아지랑이 되어 그대 곁에서 맴돌고 싶어라 
To be a quiet spring haze, circling around your side
만일 그대 내곁을 떠난다면 
Should you ever leave my side
끝까지 따르리 저 끝까지 따르리 
I will follow to the end, to the end of ends
내 사랑 그대 내 품에 안겨 눈을 감아요 
My love you stay in my arms and close your eyes
그대 내 품에 안겨 사랑의 꿈 나눠요 
You stay in my arms and share the dream of love

어둠이 찾아들어 마음 가득 기댈 곳이 필요할 때 
When the darkness falls and your full heart needs a place to lean
그대 내 품에 안겨 눈을 감아요 
You stay in my arms and close your eyes
그대 내 품에 안겨 사랑의 꿈 나눠요 
You stay in my arms and share the dream of love

(credits to http://askakorean.blogspot.com)


Do you like the songs?  For me it was interesting to listen to these “unknown” Korean artist and to learn that some of them are/were actually very important and influential for the Korean music . 


PS ( I randomly found this song while listening to the other ones , so I will share it with you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3doU7eKHsM&feature=related  . It reminds me of the old songs we have in some parts of Europe … just the nostalgia feeling that they bring.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment